Leave A Mark Marketing and Design
Nov 2017 – Jul 2017 • 9 mos
Assisted the growing startup, Leave a Mark Marketing and Design, with layout work, brochures, business cards, marketing collateral, advanced website development and animation for video projects.
Media Designer / Application Developer
Conservation Council of New Brunswick
Jul 2015 – Oct 2016 • 1 yr 4 mos
As an interesting change of pace from a more corporate type environment, I ventured into my first NPO for an environmental organization. It was an interesting experience in the challenges applied to these charity based organizations.
During my time, I introduced methods which were highly successful in the business environment. Namely allowing a small group of individuals with varied backgrounds to collaborate better and achieve more as an organization.
- Introduction of Office 365 for charities.
- Introduction Salesforce for charities & lower cost Open-Source alternatives to existing methods.
- Improvement to Social Media account, website, and media materials. Introduction of Marketing tactics.
- BuyLocalNB mobile application development involving UI, database creation, full-stack project.
- Setup and configuration of NationBuilder platform.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Graphic and Web Design
Jun 2015 – May 2016 • 1 yr
Occasional small projects related to print materials and basic websites for small business.
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd.
Marketing Team Member
Jun 2015 – May 2016 • 1 yr
My migration into a marketing role effectively brought me full circle and back to doing more of the type of work I did nearly a decade prior when I started at the company. With the PhotonMaster project in full production under Operations and the software aspect of the 'Analytics' department divided into a separate software division, the overall focus was shifting into procedural manufacturing and software development.
I was teamed up with two awesome marketing professionals and we created an excellent internal creative team. Managed directly by the CEO, we carried out various marketing endeavours.
My roles included;
- Team conceptual development / idea generation
- Website concepts/development, collateral development
- Installation & configuration of Salesforce Pardot marketing automation. Technical oversight of Salesforce Enterprise.
Director of Analytics
Sept 2010 – Dec 2013 • 3 yr 4 mos
I headed the development of what would become a new division of the company and the most important addition to the product line since the ATP kits were developed. The products included keystone hardware (PhotonMaster Luminometer) and software (LumiCalc and its derivatives).
The PhotonMaster luminometer is a photon detecting laboratory and portable field use device, capable of operating via USB - first of its kind. I managed, designed and developed the product from the ground up. It was done to solve the problem of needing a reliable and proprietary metering device for the assay test products.
- Creator of the world's first commercial USB operated Luminometer
- Managed software team, helping to take the LumiCalc software product from a spreadsheet to a full-fledged proprietary analysis package used globally.
- Creation of what would become separate software product and department.
- First known luminometer to account for, and minimize, static interference from cuvettes/test tubes.
- Industrial design, graphic design, CAD design, UI/UX design
- Optical design
- Mechanical design
- Project management, team management
- Flex development, software management
The PhotonMaster product exceeded projections upon release.
The PhotonMaster luminometer was designed from the ground up to correct issues with the Kikkoman C-110 luminometer. Most of the design was done at home, late a night using an early edition iPhone. CAD work was accomplished using what was avaialble, Google Sketchup. Software UI designs were art directed by the CEO.
Apr 2009 – Sep 2010 • 1 yr 6 mos
As my role expanded to include IT Manager, my roles in design, marketing, and website management continued. With the added responsibility of overseeing the company's IT infrastructure, software, security and providing employee training and technical support.
'Do more with less' was my primary task. As such, I learned (on-short-order) to find ways to provide support and capabilities to the startup's employees, often without an available budget.
Technologies and platforms included;
- Joomla and Wordpress
- Countless Open Source technologies reviewed and implemented for varied projects.
- LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Microsoft / Windows Environment - WinNT, SBS2008, WinXP to Win7, Office
- Security and Data backup packages
- MailChimp, Salesforce, Outlook
- Productivity packages
Graphic and Web Designer
Jun 2006 – Apr 2009 • 2 yr 11 mos
When I attended the initial interview, it was not for a salary position, I went to sell my services as a graphic designer. However the charismatic, later to be CEO, convinced me to come on board full-time.
Initially hired to overhaul the website, my areas of responsibility quickly evolved to include;
- Website development and webmaster
- SEO and Digital Marketing
- Visual Marketing
- Marketing Collateral Development
- Product Documentation Layout and Illustration
- Instructional Animations and Visualizations